Thursday, June 18, 2009

Have I really Moved On?

Have I really moved on?
I feel my body, I don't feel my heart
Displaced and contorted, 2 entities apart
My head says YES, my heart says NO.
Should logic precede everything in life OR
should the heart be the centerpiece of life

Like a vagrant who wanders in the vast desert
Searching for the sacred oasis he knows he cannot have
He has seen its mirage, he has sniffed its scent.
Is it real he will never know.

He should have moved on but still he persist.
365 days of searching for a myth
He finally gives in
the wear and tear
the tiresome journey has taken him nowhere

He stumbles across a tiny well.
Sheltered, dependable source of life
He aches from the past
He recovers from the hurt
He decides to abode at the well
His lifetime commitment to a everlasting bond.

Yet once in a while, he looks to the past.
he knows he shouldn't but he does
What if he could but he can't
Turn back time to 365
Just one time,
to let him find,
the sacred oasis that eludes his time

We will never know....


"We must learn to let go of the past to make space for the future -Gary Lee"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to move on, then don't and STOP looking back! Want to look back, then don't move on..

Wah lao.. talk so much for what?
Move on, move on la..